Wednesday, May 16, 2007

XBox 360

If you have the means I highly recommend picking one up.

I could go into how it has twice as much dedicated Video RAM as the PS3, superior software exclusives, is at a far better price-point, and offers a fairly cheap HD-DVD drive (where the *bleep* is the Matrix Trilogy HD-DVD set?), but that isn't the big selling point.

Xbox Live and XBox Live Arcade have come of age. With Double Dragon, TMNT: the Arcade Game, and fantastic on-going group matches of Rainbow Six Vegas and Gears of War, I don't see Sony competing from a software angle anytime soon.

The underpowered novelty system offered by Nintendo (the Wii, in case you thought I meant the DS) doesn't even want to compete on-line. Sixteen digit codes for every friend? You've got to be kidding me. Nintendo lost me when I watched a friend play Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, and I immediately asked why there was no voice-acting. I have yet to hear a satisfactory answer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home