Wednesday, May 16, 2007

ESPN Fantasy Baseball

It takes a special kind of effort to provide as lame of a product as ESPN Fantasy Baseball. My three year Keeper league through ESPN is basically the Pinto of the on-line fantasy baseball services, except without a fiery explosion to give you the sweet relief of death.

Here are a few of the slings and arrows we have been unable to take up arms against:

1)Not providing draft dates until well into March, when it is too late to gather everyone and vote on a time or date change;
2)Wiping out almost all our players' April statistics when the ESPN system crashed. I was supposed to get a refund, but it has been three years, and I don't have the same credit card anymore;
3)Changing the position settings after two years. Essentially half a dozen positions were eliminated.
4)Forcing us to log in every. single. time. you visit. There is no option to save your information. This gets really annoying when you have to manage a rotation with only six active slots. Plus, I'm real glad I had two DHs for one UTIL spot (Hafner and Ortiz) when they got rid of the CI, MI, and one OF, and one UTIL position.
5)Switching to a new system after two years, and making it impossible to edit your keepers before draft time (unless you did it back in January). I was stuck with the same five keepers I had the year before, one of whom I definitely did not want to keep.

All in all, this is the worst web-based product I have ever paid for. Forget the fifty bucks, I want my time back.


**I'm going to give a random shout out to Firejoemorgan.com. Consistently funny and dead-on accurate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home