Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Too big.

I've got to lose some weight. Not just fat, either, I've decided, but some muscle as well.

Twelve years of weight-lifting has changed me quite a bit. I graduated from High School a trim six feet, one hundred sixty-five pounds. I was actually lighter my senior year than my junior year, as I played a ton of basketball. Then the food, beer, and lengthy weight training started. By the time I finished my freshman year, I was about six one, two hundred pounds. By the end of college, six two, two hundred fifty. Now, after law school and too much lethargy, I must be pushing two seventy. *gulp*.

I looked pretty good at my wedding, in early 2005, but I think that may have wrecked me for two or three years after that. An hour and a half of cardio, less than 1200 calories a day, and no carbs over four months dropped me to about 230, but that was unsustainable. I gained about a pound a day for months after that. It's time to start fresh. My immediate (not New Years' Resolutions):

1)Stop being concerned about pushing big weights. So long as I can squat and bench press 405 pounds, and curl 175, I will be happy.

2)No more beer during the week. I have resolved to do this several times, but now I fucking mean it! Friday at 8:00 until Sunday at 8:00: that's it.

3)Ummm....eat less. I remember fondly when I was absorbing as many calories as I could. No more, I say!

4)Get out and do some shit. This should be easier once the wife isn't fifteen months pregnant (which is how she currently appears).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home