Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Orange County Mike: Intrepid Volunteer Police Officer

About a week ago I was stopped at a red light a few blocks from my house, when I witnessed two youths throw a lit firecracker (a big one, probably at least a M100, although it created a loud noise and a great deal of smoke) into the back of a pick-up truck filled with gardening tools. As you may imagine, it startled everyone around them.

They happened to turn into my neighborhood, and I discretely followed them. They proceeded to throw a lit firecracker at the feet of an elderly couple who were startled out of their wits. They then drove maybe 100 feet and pulled into a park, where they began chatting with apparent friends.

I called the cops and staked them out, supplying information until back-up arrived. Sadly, they weren't immediately arrested, and I grew tired of watching their belongings searched before I left. As I am currently trying to sell my place, this is the sort of event I don't need.

Depressingly, I notice now that every time I see a black teenager in my neighborhood, I check to see if it was one of these two cretins. Ugh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home