Monday, July 23, 2007

I don't want to be obsolete!

Been a while since I've been checking in here. Didn't think too many folk were paying attention, but now that my rabid fanbase has made itself heard (all three of you), I'm back, with hopefully new posts every day.

I've realized lately that one of my greatest fears is becoming obsolete. Any new pop culture phenomenom, be it television, movies, etc., I'm in. I couldn't relate to my parents whatsoever, and I don't want that to happen to me with the next generation. Even when I don't like the product (i.e., the Harry Potter books) I consume them simply so that I won't miss out on the next "in" thing.

BTW, the latest Harry Potter movie was godawful. Absolutely atrocious in every respect. The Palpatine v. Yoda-esque fight scene between Thomas Malvolo Riddle and Dumbledore was the only saving grace. This was an interminable, sloppily edited, pointless mess. Other than the death of one semi-major character, everything ends up exactly the way it was before the movie started. Dumbledore's motivations are asinine, Potter is annoying, and the entire story seems like a placeholder for the real events that happen in books six and seven. This should have been a 95 minute movie, not a 140 minute snorefest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home