Friday, June 08, 2007

The King and I (are just about through)

What is up with Felix Hernandez? After three dominating starts, he mysteriously hurts his elbow, misses a month, and now he flat-out sucks. He is killing my whip. Ugh. I'm guessing he's hiding an injury, and that I should have sold high. I almost packaged him up with Lance Berkman for Johan Santana. Wish I'd pulled the trigger on that one.

Yet another reliever screws me on his way out the door. I trade Jeremy Accardo and Nick Swisher for Torii Hunter (need the stolen bases, don't think Swisher is going to hit .290+ this year) and what does Accardo do? He implodes. Great. I'm about .6 runs behind my closet compatriot in ERA in my most significant pay league.

*Blargh*

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Orange County Mike -- I've got a proposition for you. I found your blog through a link you posted over at the CHUD forums (where I lurk from time to time) and have enjoyed reading your fantasy baseball posts. I've just recently launched a fantasy baseball blog at www.fantasyhurler.com and wanted to ask if you'd be interested in writing for us. If it's something you'd consider, shoot me an e-mail at bobtaylor52@yahoo.com and we can discuss it further. If not -- that's cool -- but at least let me know that you saw this. (Posting here was the best way to reach you I figured. Feel free to delete this comment, if you wish.) So come check out our blog, read some of the posts and think about if you'd like to contribute.

12:21 PM  
Blogger O.C. Mike said...

Wow, one of my articles received its first comment, and garnered an invitation to spread my message throughout the "internets"!

Everything is proceeding exactly as I have foreseen.

1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home