Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Battlestar Galactica

I wasn't the biggest fan of the original series, and I'm late to the game in terms of this "re-imagined" epic, but damn is this a great show. I'm sure a lot of people are turned off by the sci-fi premise, but 80% of the show consists of WWII-style Naval Battles in space. If not for The Shield, I'd say this is the best show on television by a wide margin.

The acting is uniformly excellent, the plotting is dynamic, the dialogue is believable and well-written. As I watch epic battles unfold via the joys of DVD, I can't help but wonder (once again) how the Star Wars prequels managed to be so utterly godawful.

I'm sure I'll talk more about this series in the future, but given that I'm only midway through Season Two, I'll hold off for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home