Friday, May 25, 2007

Trades

Two trades were recently pulled off in my "most important" cash league (i.e., the one that actually gives me bragging rights over my friends).

Michael Cuddyer and Scott Kazmir for Jeff Francoeuaiyr (I'm never sure which vowels he doesn't string together, so let's be safe) and Boof Bonser. I had targetted both Cuddyer and Kazmir pre-draft, so I tend to think this is a steal for that owner. Of course, on paper Francouer is the best player, and Bonser (when he doesn't walk someone every inning) has a high upside, so it could be that I'm off base here. Time will tell, but I see Cuddyer and the Twins offense rising while Francouer sinks.

I recently traded Andruw Jones and Curtis Granderson for Mike Piazza (who may or not replace Jason Varitek on my squad) and Travis Hafner. Now, I will be getting Pronk just in time for interleague play, which isn't fun, but I'm hoping that he'll be playing some first base and gaining 1B eligibility. I am demolishing the league in RBIs, so I can take a short term hit in the hopes of picking up a point or two in batting average. Plus, I want to play Delmon Young (I know he'll be good, eventually!) and Granderson is in the way.

I tried to trade Granderson straight up for about three different players before the season started: Josh Willingham and BJ Upton, for example. He's been a pleasant surprise, but I don't think he'll continue his current pace. Plus, now I don't have to remember that I almost took Peavy instead of Andruw Jones every time Andruw puts up a platinum sombrero.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home