Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Worst (Best?) On-Sceen Deaths

http://www.filmwad.com/featured-dead-meat-the-best-worst-death-scenes--2400-p.html

This list is about as hit or miss as it gets. Quint being eaten by The Shark is way up there, but the curb stomp in American History X is rated number one? Really? Out of all the movies ever made?

I would think such a list must require that the movie not completely suck (I'm looking at you, Last Samurai, Lucky Number Slevin, and Man on Fire).

Here's some I would have, in no particular order (spoilers):

1)Death on the surface of Mars (Total Recall). Utterly gruesome. Gave me nightmares.
2)Every. Freaking. Person. in Predator. Too many to count. "Knock, knock *blam*". The enormous friggin' hole in Shane Black's chest. Pure awesomeness.
3)Leonardo DiCaprio in The Departed. Also my favorite. I want to get a tattoo of Leo's exploding noggin'.
4)Sonny Corleone: The Godfather.
5)Alec Guiness: Bridge Over the River Kwai.
6)Randy Quaid: Independence Day (tears me up every time...*sniff*)
7)Bruce Willis, Armageddon (DON'T JUDGE ME!).

And, the number one death scene of all time, the movie that every father shows his son just to make him cry, the movie that scars all who see it for life: the death of Old Yeller.

**My thanks to Michigan native Death Surge for pointing out that Dennis Quaid and Randy Quaid are not, in fact, the same person.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home