Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Parting Shots

It is inevitable. As sure as the turning of the earth. If you cut a fantasy baseball pitcher and allow him to remain on your roster for that last day (for example, Yahoo processes the transaction the next day) he will implode.

Jon Rauch did it to me yesterday. He wasn't the first. Jorge Julio, Jason Frasor, and Randy Wolf have already taken parting shots at my ERA this year. I'm fairly certain that professional baseball players monitor the "most dropped" transactions features on fantasy sites and adjust their play accordingly.

There is nothing quite like being half a run in ERA behind your next closest competitor....in a 5x5 rotisserie cash league....when the best starter you drafted (by a wide margin) is A.J. Burnett.

Sorry for the Casey Blake recommendation earlier. Even though he homered yesterday, he apparently is going to platoon. Why, I don't know. I was trolling for someone to replace Blake, when I realized just how "en fuego" Carlos Pena has been. The Pena era has begun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home